Oct 11, 2016

Mannette

My little sewing machine has been a good girl, made the last quilt I worked on.
 I am going to wait on getting it quilted this coming Thursday before showing it.

I am going to show Mannette. That's the name I gave my featherweight sewing machine.
She was born in 1949. She is a 201 Singer Featherweight.



  I had used up my small spool of black thread. Here I was trying to figure out a way to use the large spool.  I used a stack of CDs this worked out pretty well. 
 
Then  I tried using a small spool of thread.
sorry the picture is blurry.
 
 this also worked great. I have been meaning to order me a stand to use this thread on
now I don't know that I will using the small spool works so good.
This way was best didn't seem to have so much tension on the thread. 
 
Take Care God Bless Trish
 
 

4 comments:

Patsy said...

I really like your little Mannette. that was great the way you did that.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cutie little Mannette is! I would love to have one of these machines. You're a genius on how to make the spool work.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Melanie said...

Very ingenious idea using those CDs! Mannette is so cute. I imagine you find her very useful. Have a blessed day.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I don't believe I have ever seen one of those before. I didn't know Singer made them. I have my grandfathers Singer in a cabinet. It has never been in running condition. I love it!