Mar 16, 2014

Sunday Dinner

Hello to all
I tried a new recipe for Sunday Dinner. Turnip Green Soup
My dear husband doesn't like the word soup!
Can't get him to eat any soup but my homemade, nothing I repeat nothing out of a can.

He ate this and liked it. He said it was not what he thought of as soup.


He said maybe he could eat It If he had cornbread............
                                                                                

After its all cooked.................looks like soup to me......so good.

                                                                              

 What I put in mine....

 2 cans great northern beans
 1 lb.  Polska Kielbasa  cut up
 2 cans chicken broth
 1 can diced tomato's
 1 can ro- tel diced tomato's with green chilies
 1 can whole kernel corn drained
 1 large can turnip greens..... I only used about 3/4
 of the can.
 very little salt, pepper to taste
 cooked until I thought it was done....... recipe called for 30 min I cooked a little longer don't like a lot of juice in mine.


Cooked the other 1/4 of turnip greens for my little dog Abby. She ate three helping with corn bread and wanted more. I said no. 

4 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Mmmm! Cornbread and soup are one of my favorite dinners!

Patsy said...

We love cornbread and soup, yours looks so good.

Melanie said...

This soup looks wonderful. I've written it down and will for sure make some. Thanks for sharing.

romance-of-roses said...

Well that just looks delicious, you made me hungry. We always have corn bread, goes good with just about everything.
Thank you for visiting. Blessings...Lu