Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. We did, even though I never had a tree up this year, waiting to move, we started moving on the nineteenth it was to late for me to get all the work done so I didn't even try, to worn out.
This is a picture of my new/old home with my chairs on the front porch. Took it this evening as I was leaving to go out and have supper with two of my sisters, they came by and picked me up, now that I am in town they can do that, how nice. LOL
See the blue ceiling & porch....the last owner said his wife wanted this color because her mother said it would keep wasp from building nest....I never have hear this have you. Then my realtor told the people buying my house to paint blue under the porch to keep ghost out. They said they were told that my house was haunted. I told her it maybe on the outside but its not on the inside, I always bless my home so I don't have any bad spirits.
Does anyone else do this.
I don't believe it was haunted myself , the pictures she took when it was put on the market had a lot of
orbs on the out side in the photos and I think that's where they got the idea but not sure. Anyways it was not haunted when I lived in it not sure about now. LOL
My Foyer
The lay out of the house stayed the same
the only thing left was the doors, door facings,
fireplaces
everything else has been redone inside.
Cute Chandelier in the Foyer.
Need to fine a table that will fit here.
Happy New Years To You!





6 comments:
It looks lovely and I know you will be happy in your new home.
The older people in our family painted the porch blue ,they said it made it cooler in the summer time. they sit on the porch a lot back in the old day.
Happy new year Trish. Your new home is lovely and I hope you much happiness there x
YAY...just sent u an email to see if you'd moved...now I see you have. I LOVE your new house. Cute as can be.
Painting the porch ceiling blue is such an old Southern thing. I would LOVE a blue ceiling. :)
Good luck on getting it all just like you want it. :)
xo
Hi Trish and Happy New Year to you! Oh, I'm thrilled for you getting your new home. It's beautiful! Oh, yes, I'm from the south and all of the porch ceilings are painted that pale blue color. I've heard both of those reasons - so dirt dobbers won't build their nests up there and to keep the spooks (haints) away! :) Anyway, I can't wait to see the rest of your house. It looks wonderful.
Looking forward to blogging with you some more in 2015.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)
Love the porch! I've heard that painting the ceiling blue keeps the bugs away. I guess you'll see. That chandelier is so cute!
Love the porch and chairs! That's kinda funny about your old house being haunted. Your new home looks lovely and I like the floor. Blessing to you in each corner of your new home.
Post a Comment